About Participation at Mozilla
Mozilla has thousands of volunteers globally making an impact every day by contributing to engineering projects, localization, support, marketing, and other areas. However, sometimes finding the right opportunity to help at the right time can be difficult in a project so large. Hence the creation of this site, the purpose of which is to surface up things to do right now. The criteria for these activities are:
- They are relevant to what is happening right now at Mozilla
- They bring value to those who choose to participate
- They appeal to a broad group of people
- They are self-serve and require no support to get up and running
The goal is simple, Participation at scale with impact. Help us get bigger and better, as we continue to carry out our mission.
To have Mozilla succeed through openness and participation
What We Do
The Community Development Team develops leaders and contributors who will invent, shape and defend the Internet, and activates them to supercharge Mozilla’s products and our movement.
We do this by:
- Designing and implementing specific participation initiatives – in partnership with teams around Mozilla – that adapt and advance global best-practice on participation
- Recruiting and investing in core contributors mobilizers/leaders, and developing diverse, local and global communities that make individual contribution more impactful
- Delivering software/systems and practices that increase the impact of participation across Mozilla
Find out more on the Participation Wiki.